Six Down! No More to Go!

I finally got there, #6! I woke up early despite not getting much sleep at all; that steroid keeps me up! I don’t have six fingers to show, so I’m sticking my tongue out at cancer for treatment number 6!




Back to treatment room number 1, comfy in my heated recliner, ice capped and ready to go. 



Coco, my emotional support bear, keeping me company, along with my parents and Matt taking turns to be with me. 


Six hours later I was all done and ready to go home. Many people get the opportunity to ring a bell when they finish chemo treatments, but this office didn’t have one any more. They found it discouraging for the patients who need to continue treatments for their lifetime and will never get a chance to ring the bell. I can respect that. What I came home to, however, was an even greater surprise! My family put together a party for me! How lovely! Even though I was so tired from the Benadryl and lack of sleep, it was so wonderful to share the time with them and celebrate the occasion! Totally worth staying awake!













Now I’m not giving up, just thoroughly exhausted and ready for bed. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement today, I’m humbled and so deeply grateful! And thank you for the flowers my friend! They’re beautiful, just like you! Good night! 




Comments

Popular Posts