Preparation Day

I spent my time doing the usual Sunday business and stuff you might do before going to the hospital, like food shopping, cleaning the house, washing my hair, and shaving my legs. I even spent this morning finishing the Lego village. But I also spent time doing some other important things, like spending valuable time with the family, thinking about end of life, and admiring the body part that betrayed me. 

For the end of life part, I came across this wonderful resource called Five Wishes. It’s a clearly communicated document that guides you through your end of life wishes (also known as an advance directive). I don’t obviously want to consider this, as most people don’t, but I have to be realistic and don’t want to leave my loved ones without any guidance on how to care for me in the worst case scenario. 


As far as my body…well, it won’t look like this after tomorrow, so this is a before photo, a “why did you have to get cancer” beauty shot, an “it’s just a body part” portrait. Apologies if the photo is too revealing for you. This is the real me, this blog has been the real me, pouring out my heart and letting you into my world and all that’s been happening in and around me. My body has gone through a lot so far, and tomorrow is just another piece in this puzzle. 


I am calm. I’m not sure why. I just keep praying for peace, for safety, for health, and for life. I am anointed and blessed. Your thoughts and prayers hold me up, for that I am eternally grateful. 

“The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord cause His face to shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His face to you, And give you peace.’”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭6‬:‭24‬-‭26‬

“The Lord is my shepherd, I will not be in need. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For the sake of His name. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Certainly goodness and faithfulness will follow me all the days of my life, And my dwelling will be in the house of the Lord forever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬-‭6‬

The Lord is my Shepherd you can listen here for a song from one of my favorite albums. 

Comments

Popular Posts