Recovery Day 1

What a lovely night’s sleep! I slept though the night with no issues. Sleep is so important for recovery and healing.

I had a light breakfast and then later in the morning my aunt came to visit me. She’s like a second mother to me and has a team of prayer warriors praying in my behalf in her churches and in Puerto Rico as well. 

I stayed in my pajamas all day with the intention of resting. I started to feel a real ache once the hospital meds wore off. My arm has some numbness to it that I’m hoping will resolve soon. I can’t shower yet but I washed up and got back into my pajamas. I took stock of my bandages, I can’t wait to see what it looks like underneath, but I won’t find out until next week when I have my follow up appointment with the breast surgeon. She told me she did one long incision. By the way, she tagged me, too. Those are her initials so she knows I’m her patient. Cool. 

Overall it was a good day. We celebrated my mother’s birthday today with some ramen, rice, and chocolate cake

Now I’m back in my chair, ready for more good, healing sleep. Fingers crossed. 



Comments

Popular Posts