Diarrhea Diaries

I look fine on the outside, perfectly normal I suppose. This is the cross cancer patients bear, the one where people may inevitably say “well you don’t look sick.” True, I don’t look sick (except for the thin pale skin, missing hair and eyebrows, weight loss, etc.) but it’s what you don’t see - the dozens of times I need to run to the bathroom because my insides are currently under reconstruction. From the top (my mouth) to the bottom (my bottom), my insides have been served up a fiery platter. As much as I want to eat, the consequences are inconvenient at best and disastrous at worst. Being close to my home bathroom is a must these days in recovery. I know I’ll bounce back eventually, but for now, I’m just working on being less sick from the inside out. 

Crackers for the stomach and steaming for the cold that came back (screaming crying emoji!).



By the way Matt came up with this title, but then he said it was a sh*t title. Dad joke. 


Comments

Popular Posts