Getting It All In

What a super busy and tiring week! I went back to work, although I had a day of major stomach upset, which reminded me that not everything is back to normal but still a little upside down. That night I went to bed super early, I was exhausted from the stomach pain. 

I’m tired. Definitely tired. Matt said I might have pushed myself too hard. I felt like I had the energy to dive back in, and I’m a pretty good judge of my stability and well-being, but maybe I need to give myself some space to ease back into working with the little energizer bunnies called kindergarteners. 

Today I received a phone call from the breast surgeon’s office. The nurse said the doctor wants me to get another MRI, which I was not excited to hear. I realized that today was Friday and she had presented my case to the group of doctors. I didn’t speak with the doctor yet but it appears the thoracic surgeon wants to attend my surgery after all and perhaps they might try and take a biopsy from that mass. I understand why…they don’t know what it is and without taking a piece of it, they’ll never know. I just don’t know how to mentally prepare for these next steps, so I’m trying to take things one day, one moment at a time. 

Tonight my family and I attended a Princeton hockey game. It was a fun time and another great memory in the books before my surgery takes me out of commission for a bit. I’m trying to get it all in while I can and enjoy life!




Comments

Popular Posts