Last Day

Today is the last day I will feel like this. Tomorrow won’t be like this. The next day won’t be like this. So I can find joy and hope that this is the last day I will feel like I feel. 

I need to turn the corner already. I’m tired of feeling tired. I want to get back to my old self…well, not the self with cancer, the new me without it. I want energy again, strength again, taking five steps without being winded again. I want food in my belly, meat on my bones, and color in my face.

I managed to get out of bed and wash my hair today. I spent time watching tv on the sofa again. I opened the windows, got fresh air, had my piano lesson. Even though I only drank liquids today, it’s the last day I will feel like this again. I’ll feel other stuff in the future, but this…no. No more feeling meh from treatments. I can put this behind me.



Comments

Popular Posts