Recovery Day 2

I spent this second recovery day resting and eating. Believe it or not, my taste buds haven’t fully returned and some food still tastes a little off. The effects of chemo still linger, like in my taste and some eye twitching as well. 

I felt much more throbbing pain today and even got a headache from the radiating pain up into my neck and shoulder. I called my breast surgeon this morning because under my arm I have no feeling, just numbness, sort of like your lips feel after the novocaine at the dentist.  She said this is perfectly normal, the nerves get stretched out during the procedure, but it will resolve itself. I hope so, it’s very strange not to be able to feel your own arm. 

I didn’t take any pain relievers today because I wanted to see how much the pain ramps up, and to give my liver a short break. I will take some tonight to help me sleep comfortably. I continue to ice my wounds and pray for a safe and healthy recovery. Some pet therapy, some good food, and lots of rest. I’m meeting all my goals! 





Comments

Popular Posts