Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for, my life being at the top of the list. To be able to live this beautiful life, to be with Matt and the children, this is my greatest blessing. 

Thanksgiving dinner is infamous for many people for the conflict and strife it can bring, and I wasn’t sure what to expect, but today was a special day. 

I spent time in my happy place this morning, in the kitchen, preparing some delicious side dishes to bring to my aunt’s house. Later, we gathered together for an early dinner. We celebrated our time together in such a peaceful way. No one brought up cancer, which was so wonderful. I felt normal for a moment. We laughed, had lots of jokes, sang songs, learned more about each other, and ate until our bellies were full. My brother brought a ton of desserts, including gourmet donuts from Staten Island. 

For a moment, we were one big happy family and cancer was not a part of the conversation. I’m so full of gratitude for this special memory. 





I’m also so very grateful for my extended family, you who are praying for me every day, lifting me up before God, sending positive thoughts my way, and sustaining me when I have trouble walking this path on my own. My gratitude is overflowing today… 

“I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints….For I have had great joy and comfort in your love…” Philemon‬ ‭1‬:‭4‬-‭5‬, ‭7‬

Comments

Popular Posts