Hydration Day

Today was a new day for me. It was a hydration day. At my last visit with the oncologist, we discussed some symptoms, like eye twitching, and he attributed this to potentially low electrolyte levels and dehydration, also evident in my high red blood count. So we scheduled a day for just hydration. What a strange feeling going in and not getting set up for the cold capping and cocktail of meds. Just saline to plump me up and help me feel better.

Waiting to see the oncologist. Mondays are super busy, long wait.


Finally in the chair, plugged in for fluids. 


I was finally finished after three hours. And I actually felt better. I was still hungry (and yes I attempted to eat sushi, even though my taste buds are still rebelling) but I felt stronger, in a way I can’t quite describe. I’m wishing I had done this after each treatment, maybe it would’ve helped me along the way, but you live and you learn to pass these lessons onto others. This hydration will be very useful for tomorrow. I have a CT scan for the thymoma, a final peek before the surgery at the end of the month. Prayers are always welcome. 


Comments

Popular Posts