Moving Forward

This weekend was a turning point for me. I was able to leave the house and socialize, which was refreshing. Spending time with friends and family and making memories, this is living and enjoying life. 


Today I drove my car for the first time in almost two weeks - the ultimate freedom! But above all, I have been able to eat!! I had a delicious brunch with a friend (so good to see you!) and the meal was huge, and I ate it all! I haven’t been able to fill my stomach like that in maybe a month. I couldn’t believe how much I ate and how my appetite had returned. I went food shopping and then came home to make more food. 


Unfortunately not everything tastes great. I still experience weird metallic or sour flavors in some foods and others have missing flavors like salt. But being able to eat again has brought back a joy to my life that I needed, a sense of normalcy, a sign that things are moving forward and I don’t have to look back. I can put the chemo behind me, the cold capping and hair loss, the starvation and weight loss, the body aches and pains…I can put it all behind me and start really looking forward. What a relief! 

Comments

Popular Posts