Reading, Eating, Waiting

A friend of mine sent me this book in the hopes it would help my eating (thank you!) For fans of food and Jane Austen…


The main characters are sisters - one is a chef and one has breast cancer. The book presents a different philosophy about eating during chemo…if good food tastes terrible, then maybe terrible tasting food might taste good. 

I haven’t mastered this and have tried so many combinations of textures and flavors, but I’m still not there. Food still tastes terrible, even terrible food. But I’m grateful for the book, it’s actually helped me connect with a character who understands what I’m going through. 

I am also waiting for tomorrow. I meet with the thoracic surgeon to talk about my thymoma surgery. I got the results of the CT scan, and the news is incredible, too incredible not to share, but I have to wait to consult with the doctor before I can talk about it. I’m not sure what it all means. 

In the meantime, I spent the evening cuddled with the kiddos to watch a movie. Because of all of the sickness running through this house (bad colds & chemo), we haven’t had cuddle time in what seems like forever. It was sweet to be together again. 






Comments

Popular Posts