One Day at a Time

I went to work today and it was nice to be with the children one last time before I’m out for a while. It was also nice to keep busy, especially when my spirit was down. I felt very down based on the conversations yesterday. Not knowing what’s happening to me is scary and frustrating, but I’m learning to take this one day at a time. Today is today and that’s all I can do. I can’t do yesterday, it’s done. Tomorrow is tomorrow and it will take care of itself. 


I worked on the puzzle that I promised my mom would be finished by Thanksgiving. It doesn’t look promising…but the metaphor continues. Every time I got stuck, I would walk away, give myself space, and then return to find more pieces that fit. Why didn’t I see those pieces earlier? They were hiding in plain sight just waiting to be found and put in the right place, but my judgement was clouded and I couldn’t see it. I was too close to it and needed time away and a fresh perspective. 

Finally I cozied up on the sofa to watch a show with the family with my cup of tea and new blanket (thank you my friend!). Off to bed to end this day and start a new day tomorrow, God willing. 



Comments

Popular Posts