The GI Side

I’ve been doing all the usual follow up appointments these days and it was time to see the gastroenterologist. He was pleased to see that I had gained some weight, much to my chagrin I must add. I gained 8 pounds in two months! The plan is to continue taking the domperidone as long as it continues to help, and in a few months I will repeat the gastric emptying study (once I can get my MG symptoms a little bit more stabilized) to see that the food is in fact moving through my system properly.

It’s hard to believe that just five months ago, I couldn’t even take in more than a protein drink a day, like no more than 200-300 calories. My stomach was literally paralyzed and just did not work at all. Now I’m eating three meals a day, and snacks, and dessert, and and and…well, let’s just say the prednisone has made me a bit hungrier. Tonight’s dinner - homemade pizza rolls. Yum. 



Comments

Popular Posts