Pre-Operative

Today was a LONG day in Philadelphia. My mother nervously, albeit graciously, drove me to my appointment with the thoracic surgeon. I waited and waited…then I signed the consent forms and asked as many pertinent questions I could think of. Then I waited and waited…and got my pre-operative bloodwork and EKG completed. Then I waited and waited…and got my pre-operative pulmonary test completed. Finally we rushed home after being gone for almost 7 hours! 

I am all set for my thymectomy (thymus removal) in June, just a month away! The purpose is to alleviate (or no longer exacerbate) my myasthenia symptoms. As luck would have it, I also got a call back from my neurologist at Penn who will get the ball rolling on a new treatment plan for me after my surgery. In the meantime, I will begin tapering down the prednisone (thank God) and hopefully something better will be waiting for me on the other side of this surgery. I can only hope.



It’s not all doom and gloom tonight. The kids and I went out to IHOP for dinner, did some shopping at Target, and had dessert at Rita’s. Lots accomplished, a lot of ground was covered, and the foundation for future plans are being put in place. Overall I call the day a win!




Comments

Popular Posts