13 Years Ago

Thirteen years ago was one of the greatest days of my life, because God blessed me with the privilege of motherhood. I humbly asked for this gift for many years, and it was everything I hoped for and more. No one gives you a manual on how to care for and raise a child, but Matt and I trusted the voice telling us which way we should go, and we’ve surrendered our own selves to the process. It’s a terrifying thing to love someone so much and yet have to give them the freedom to be themselves, to grow and change, to make mistakes and fall down, to get hurt and rebuild on their own. But I wouldn’t change it for the world. Thank you God for choosing me, to be her mother, to be a witness to her growth. Let me not be a stumbling block, but instead be like a cornerstone so that she can build a beautiful future. Happy Birthday, my girl! 





Comments

Popular Posts