Fear in Black and White

For everything that my body has been going through lately, I have not let that stop me from taking on a multitude of other challenges. Today was one of those incredible accomplishments I can look back on with pride (and a ton of relief!). I played in my first piano solo recital as a forty-five year old! 

I’ve been practicing this piece forever (yes, Amy, it was the Bartok piece!), but minutes before my turn, my mind went blank and I panicked that I wouldn’t remember how to play it or be able to read the music. I was half right. My fingers kind of remembered what to do but the keys felt so different than my piano at home, it was like dancing on a freshly waxed floor with super soft socks on my feet. I fumbled around a bit but finally regained my footing. Thirty seconds later I was finished and my spirit rejoined my body! Phew!

I will have many more fears to face in the coming weeks and months, but I’m glad to say that I faced and conquered this beauty. 


Comments

Popular Posts