Reversal

I must admit, I haven’t been used to getting good news these days. In fact, I’ve almost come to not expect it anymore. Ever since my lumpectomy, I felt like someone opened a door and shoved me down a flight of never-ending stairs. I just keep bumping my head or shoulder or knee every day on the next step and the next. But today I got a call from a pharmacist through our insurance company. Last week I spoke with a nurse case manager and she asked if I needed any help. I told her I wanted more information about the MG meds I was hoping to begin. So today I received a call back and when I inquired about the infusions for MG and asked if they would interfere with my breast cancer treatments, she said not at all! I think I probably choked on my own spit for a second…wait, they won’t? Oh wait, they won’t! 

This was lovely music (albeit distant and foreign music) to my ears. This means that if I get approved, I can hopefully begin the MG infusions sometime after my surgery and hopefully begin to feel some relief from this unknown force that’s ailing me. Now of course comes the even greater hurdle of trying to get approved by the insurance company. But baby steps, I may not be able to handle too much good news at once! 



Comments

Popular Posts