Clean Bill of Health

For those of you who are still checking in on me...thank you. That's super kind of you.

Here's a sweet little update for you - 

On Wednesday, September 13th, I visited the breast doctor. She said everything looked good, as expected. She was bemused by all of the trials I went through over the past six months, but glad to see that I've come out on the other side of it all. I still feel some soreness/achiness on my radiation side, but she said that was to be expected. I was a little surprised because I thought I would be feeling much closer to 100% but not quite yet, even though I finished radiation in February! I guess this stuff sticks around a lot longer than I thought.  I also restarted physical therapy because I've been having some tightness under my arm where the lymph nodes were removed. 

The next day, Thursday, September 14th, I had a mammogram done. I'm pleased to report that the images showed all clear! This is exciting news, because even though it should be a routine scan, I never really thought about how I would feel having it, and maybe there was a small, very small part of me that was thinking...gee, what if? But it came out clear, I have a clean bill of health (for once) and I can move on and not think about it anymore.  I will continue to do my self-exams of course, but I don't need another mammogram for at least six months. Hooray!


Thanks for sticking with me... and for your continued prayers! 

Comments

Popular Posts