Winner, Winner

The saying is “winner, winner, chicken dinner” but in fact it was a fish dinner for me. It was an exhausting week, more so than usual, but a wonderful reprieve to have dinner on Friday evening with my parents. These two have been rockstars, taking such good care of me. I’m the luckiest girl in the world to have landed such awesome parents. 


Then I won again today by having a great time with Matt and the kids. I finally got the family outing I had been waiting for at a Princeton University football game. You see, last spring I bought season tickets, excited to see the games with my family…best laid plans. I haven’t been able to attend one game all season because they kept falling on the Saturday after my treatments when I felt my worst side effects! (side note: this has given me some perspective on planning things so far in advance…you just don’t know what is headed your way sometimes, like a cancer diagnosis, but I ask myself, should that stop me from thinking about the future?). So this was my first game, and what an exciting game against Cornell - five turnovers in favor of Princeton and a final score of 35-9. They won and I won! The weather was perfect and we walked around town, got some Princeton apparel, fresh pressed juices for the week, bubble tea, and ramen! I wanted to fill my day with fun and make memories, enjoy these moments while I’m well and have the energy. It was everything I hoped for and couldn’t be happier! 







Comments

Popular Posts