Garbage Day

As in the day I feel like garbage. Based on previous times, I knew this would be my worst day, but knowing that doesn’t make me feel any better or make it any easier. 

I have been in bed all day, fasting and resting. The fever and aches I felt last night, on top of this stupid sinus infection, make me feel miserable. Truly miserable. 

But I’m also glad that this is a one-sided experience. Today both of the children had a friend over to hang out and relax, and I could hear them laughing and enjoying themselves. That brought peace to my heart, knowing they are relishing the pleasures of childhood and not thinking about me and what I’m going through. I have always been transparent with them and shared everything I’m going through but I also wanted them to come out of this experience relatively unscathed and having grown just a little bit wiser and more appreciative of life. 

So here’s to a garbage-feeling day wrapped in children’s laughs and smiles.




Comments

Popular Posts