Tired But Grateful

Pop quiz - which is more tiring? Going through chemo or teaching kindergarten? There are no wrong answers. Both are very tiring, but in different ways. Standing all day, being poked and prodded by little fingers, and bombarded with all sorts of questions and complaints is terribly exhausting. On the flip side, I’m not looking forward to being pumped full of chemicals again, losing my taste and appetite, and languishing on the sofa with aches and pains again. So I guess the correct answer is they are both equally tiring and challenging. 

However, I still stand in awe of the prayer warriors who lift me up and give me the strength and courage to face these tiring days. My aunt sent me this photo from a prayer group in Puerto Rico who are lifting up my name for health and healing. How could I not get out of bed and do this tough work when I have such support? It was gloomy and rainy this week and all I wanted to do was stay in bed, but I knew those bedridden days were around the corner. I pressed on and thanked God for my life and the opportunity to be alive, even if it means I have to get up to do hard things. It’s worth the effort. 




Comments

Popular Posts