Time Given to Me

I’m frustrated that a week later I’m still trying to kick this mucus out of me. Now the Claritin I take for the Neulasta shot is drying the mucus in place making it harder to get rid of it and breathe with ease. 

But I digress. I’m weak and tired, hungry but can’t eat…this is the cycle, I have to just accept these days. 

I decided to go for a walk to get some vitamin D and fresh air. These kind gentlemen were my walking companions.
 

It was lovely to see the changing colors of the leaves, especially since I have been home bound for days. 




The walk took so much out of me, I was exhausted when I returned home. I just sat for a long time, tried to eat a tiny bowl of soup, and worked on a new puzzle with my mom.

Finally this evening we watched the original Lord of the Rings movie. This conversation has never rung more true for me; I have only to decide what to do with the time that has been given to me.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides that of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.


Comments

Popular Posts