Happy Anniversary

Today should’ve been a day of celebration instead of pain and suffering. It’s our anniversary, 20 beautiful years together! 

I couldn’t have imagined how amazing my life would be when I married Matt, but it’s been far beyond my dreams. We have been able to create together such a wonderful life, with two beautiful children. He’s been my soulmate and best friend, and we complement each other like two puzzle pieces meant to go together. 

I also couldn’t have imagined that we’d being going through this battle together. Cancer has never touched my immediate family so my diagnosis was shocking and terrifying. I have been the luckiest girl on earth to have been given this incredibly blessed life, and to have it feel like it was being stripped from me was heartbreaking. But we press on, and test our faith in God like Gideon, throwing out the fleece for answers, and we hold on to God, like Jacob, praying for a blessing and never letting go!

“Then Gideon said to him, “O my Lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about…”Judges‬ ‭6:13‬

“Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. When the man saw that he had not prevailed against him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was dislocated while he wrestled with him. Then he said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking.” But he said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”” Genesis‬ ‭32:24-26‬

We will find another time to celebrate, when we can put this part of the process behind us. Happy Anniversary my love. Here’s to many, many more! 

Comments

Popular Posts