Treading Water

On Sunday I had the privilege of attending my first water polo match - Princeton versus Harvard. I had only ever watched it on tv in the summer Olympics so this was very exciting for me. What fascinates me is how the players are treading water the whole time, swimming back and forth from goal to goal. I was exhausted just watching them. 

It’s not far off from my cancer experience…treading water, swimming from goal to goal. I was back at work again today and I felt great. Tonight I ate not one, but two bowls of salad and a bowl of delicious homemade soup. I was enjoying feeling normal, eating foods and tasting them. But then I remembered that in a week I will hit that reset button again and I’m back treading water. I know it’s just two more times, but it’s still hard. My eyes have been twitching consistently each day and I wonder, is this a long term side effect? It’s not just two more times, it’s my whole life, living under the dark shadow of cancer, afraid it’ll rear its ugly head again…that’s the reality, and sometimes that can be exhausting.

Im swimming towards the goal of healing, but I’m also thinking about other goals, life goals. Please pray that I make these shots. I want to win. 

Comments

Popular Posts