Five Down! One To Go!

I finally made it to number 5! I can’t imagine doing this long term, it’s exhausting. 

Dressed in my chemo uniform (notice the pink ribbons headband from the dollar store in honor of breast cancer awareness in October - be sure to do your research on “pinkwashing” and donate money with caution).


I tried to eat breakfast and already it tasted disgusting. I’m not sure if it was the steroid (which kept me up from 3-5 am) but it already shifted my brain into you-can’t-eat mode. 

Cold cap number 5.


All hooked up.

Like an icicle, I have my frozen gloves and booties.

My mom kept me company, and then left to get my aunt. She kept me company but I was a terrible hostess, the IV Benadryl knocked me out this time, I took several naps. 

By the time I got home I was half tired, half energized. Enough to make some tofu veggie soup, change the sheets and make my bed. I even practiced piano several times. It was time to take Dean to ballet class, but driving under the influence of a sedative is a no-no, so my mom drove and it was a girls night for dinner (hubby showed up later). The food tasted terrible! It just breaks my spirit to want to eat and cannot. We went for ice cream after, which wasn’t too bad, so I think I’ll resort to ice cream for the next two weeks! Considering last time I lost 7 pounds in a week but only regained back 3 pounds over the three weeks, even after the fishy binge eating, this next weight loss will be more painful and have a greater weakening effect. I will need to fight through the fatigue and exercise in order to build some muscle too, so I can stay strong and help metabolize these chemicals. 

My two special ladies, who take such good care of me!

Thank you for your continued prayers, they truly help me get through these bad moments and press on. They also help me find joy in each day, even when I’m struggling. Thank you for thinking of me, I’m humbled. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts