Steam, Tissues, and Fish

Somehow I managed to catch a head cold by Thursday of last week. This kept me home Friday and Monday from work because I had so much mucus and was coughing a lot. The last thing I needed was to feel sick the day of my treatment! This is where the steam helps to warm up the sinuses and get the mucus out. I also went through a couple of boxes of tissues! 


I also had a terrific craving for fish for many days. Wednesday was tuna with salad à la Salad Niçoise. Thursday was tuna and avocado sushi. Friday was a whole red snapper. Sunday was grilled salmon, blackened barramundi, and tuna steak (on a delightful date with the best stepdad in the world!). And today was another platter of salmon and tuna sushi. I can’t explain the craving except that some foods still don’t taste right, even 3 weeks after my treatment, but fish seems to hit the spot in my mouth, my stomach, and beyond, so I have to go with the flow and nourish myself any way that I can. Here’s a feast for the eyes - 




I know what’s coming tomorrow. I tried to put it out of my mind today because the last treatment left me sad, weary, hungry, exhausted, achy, did I mention hungry? I don’t want to feel terrible again but I know it’s going to happen. So tonight I’ll get as much rest as the steroid will allow, and hopefully have sweet pre-chemo dreams. Perhaps I’ll dream of fish…



Comments

Popular Posts