Still Trying

The weekends are a nice reprieve from radiation, however I’m amazed at how quickly time has flown by. I only have seven more treatments left. Something about the consistency that has made it go by quickly. Even chemo felt quick in hindsight because it was also a time-limited experience. Everything else I’ve been going through feels like a never-ending saga. 

I’m still waiting for the medicine to work on my eyes. I have a lot of appointments coming up in the next two weeks. This Wednesday I take a trip to Philly to meet with a new oncologist for an official second opinion of my strange condition, which frankly is looking clearer by the day. I also have a follow up eye appointment next week and an EMG (electrical stimulation test) to check my nerves. I will also meet with my oncologist at the end of this week and get another hydration and update him on my tale of woe.

Lots to look forward to, and hopefully some more healing on the horizon. I tweaked my medicine today which helped me feel a little better. And my taste buds are slowly, so very slowly, super slowly, starting to come back a little, which makes me hopeful about eating and enjoying food again. The stomach pains the last few days have impacted my eating and that caused another couple of pounds to drop off…I can’t afford that. It’s dangerous and frankly I could be hospitalized if it goes any further, so I need to buckle down and eat at all costs. So today it was noodle soup for breakfast, beef and veggie puréed soup for lunch, and lasagna for dinner, with a side of ice cream! I’m trying…



Comments

Popular Posts