More Hydration

I met with the oncologist today and brought him up to speed. The last time we met, he briefly alluded to myasthenia but without evidence, it didn’t make sense. Now it makes more sense and he’s sad to see how things have progressed for me. But his focus is making sure I can finish all of my cancer treatments so once he hears more from the doctors at Penn, he’ll restart my infusions in two weeks and keep the ball rolling, likely through August. So today was just a hydration. 


I’ve been working on diligently eating. It’s not the joyful eating I remember, it’s still hard to finish my food, my stomach feels full or nauseous sometimes, and taste changes are still there, but I’m trying. Like my avocado toast for breakfast or the homemade crêpe with spinach, chicken and cheese for lunch. At least I’m in the kitchen, in my meditative space, being creative and finding some joy again. 







Comments

Popular Posts