Hopeful Nonetheless

I was exhausted starting out early this morning with the kids, but mainly because my bowels decided that 2 am was a great time to wake up and empty. Not fun. I've been dealing with that the whole day, running to the bathroom when the body says run.

I've been trying so hard to eat food. So this morning I made a bowl of cereal with warmed milk to soften the cereal. Strange but somewhat effective. 

Radiation number 5 today was uneventful. Good music and good conversation with the technician - what is the most unique band name?  And what is the story behind the name? 

I could not eat lunch by the time I came home, only clear liquids due to my CT scan, so just a cup of broth for me. The scan was an Abbott and Costello routine when they discovered that I had metal on my bra, which would show up on my scan. So I had to fish myself out of the bra under my shirt with only one arm (the other arm already had the IV in place) and push it down to my waist! Hilarious!

The after photo.

For dinner, I tried desperately to eat more solid food. It was a weird combination of macaroni and cheese with a tiny turkey burger floating in hot water. I can promise you, it was an effort, but I tried, and that's all that counts. 

I've been feeling more positive these days, thinking about the future, making plans for things with a confidence that says, I'll be there. I cannot even fathom what I will feel like or look like, but I'm hopeful nonetheless. 


Comments

Popular Posts