End and Beginning

Today was my last day of radiation. I was sad to close that chapter, because it gave me a simple sense of purpose and was frankly one of the easiest things I've had to do so far in this process.  


I got to ring the bell (or actually bang the gong)! That was fun!




Then we drove to Penn Medicine in Philadelphia to meet with a new doctor. I met with her on the recommendation of my oncologist for an official second opinion. She was lovely and thoughtfully listened to everything that has been happening to me. She took copious notes and said that she will gather more information and meet with other "much smarter" clinicians to dig deeper into my case. Hopefully they will have a conference next Thursday and she will follow up with me on her findings. I am starting to believe that something really special has happened to me and I might be the key to helping the medical field discover new ways of doing things. I always thought I could invent something new, but never thought that it would come through immense pain and suffering. But here I am, hoping that my story and this journey could benefit another soul. 

Thank you to these amazing people who love me so much and were willing to cart me all the way to Philly! And to almost all of my radiation appointments! And to every doctor's appointment! Your love does not go unrecognized!




Comments

Popular Posts