Monster Twins

Sunday was a peaceful day of practicing piano and trying not to think too much about my MRI. I made rice and beans with pumpkin and I ate it with avocado, it's getting tastier. 

Here I am modeling the latest MRI fashion. I was nervous that my stomach might hurt too much or that the MRI would be too scary for me, but, to my surprise, it was actually easier than the breast MRI. I was on my back with my head trapped in a cage, which actually made the headphones better fitting so I could hear the music. A little Disney music to soothe me through it - "I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream..." and before I knew it, it was over. 


A quick lunch at home before I had to rush off to see the eye doctor who is an hour away. It's worth the trip to see him because he is incredibly kind and is very invested in seeing me get better. Unfortunately the medicine is not working as quickly as it could and I may need to make adjustments, but he does see some minute progress in my left eye and the ability to look to the right. I cannot change meds until I talk to the neurologist who prescribed them, but thankfully I see him on Wednesday. The eye doctor would also like to create a different treatment plan, which requires coordinating with the gastroenterologist because steroids could be a no-no for my stomach right now. And with all of these meds, I thought it prudent to see the cardiologist, which is scheduled for tomorrow. So many issues I'm trying to cure at the same time! So far the easiest task is dealing with the cancer! Bizarre. Speaking of bizarre, I had no idea I could twin with Mike Wazowski! Yep, I feel like a one-eyed monster! At least I still have my sense of humor. 






Comments

Popular Posts