Radiation #4

The day began early with an appointment, not for me, but for my mother. It’s nice to be able to be there for someone who has devoted herself to my care for so many months. We decided to hang out at the hospital and wait for my appointment. It took longer than I thought because it turns out I need to see the doctor on Mondays. He walked me through some questions I had and told me to keep moisturizing at least three times a day because by next week I may start to see some skin changes from the radiation. 

After picking up some groceries, I needed to try and eat lunch. By this time I had only consumed a protein drink of 230 calories. I ate the delicious soup again, but this time I decided to add some bread for more calories. I tore off little pieces and soaked it in the soup for easier consumption. What a smart idea!

I was feeling so bold that for dinner that I made a classic sandwich, almond butter and jelly. Since the bread is dry and difficult to eat, I hoped the jelly would moisten it and the yogurt drink could help me wash it down. Did I eat it all? No. Did I try? Yes. I’m doing things I couldn’t do before…could this be what turning a corner feels like? I’ll tell you if I see it! 

But the best part of the day has to be this card! When a toddler (and his awesome mama) make you such a sweet card, you can’t help but feel like the victory is yours! Thank you my friend! I’m on board with some broccoli masquerading as a flower - and I can’t wait to eat some too! 







Comments

Popular Posts