More Memories

I’m so grateful I had time alone with Matt today. First he carted me off to radiation and then we got lunch together. We could quietly reconnect with good conversation, always needed in any relationship. 

I asked in radiation about where I need to be moisturizing because my skin was starting to feel warm and reddened. They pointed out the square space around my breast, down my chest and back over underneath my armpit. I have a lot of lotioning to do, at least three times a day.


The medicine has eased the constant stomach pain, which is wonderful news. It has given me a renewed sense of energy, but as my mother pointed out, when you’re in pain, you’re exhausted and can’t do anything. I’m in less pain, but I still can’t consume enough calories to keep me energized for the day. And I know soon the radiation fatigue will set in so I’m enjoying some energy while I have it, even if it’s only in short bursts after a protein drink.

I used my energy this evening to make some more memories. I’m still not over how many things I’ve missed out on with my family because of cancer treatments and side effects. So tonight we went to the boy’s school for a PTA fundraiser event and I walked away with tickets to five different venues for future outings that I won in the auction! I’m looking forward to the aquarium, botanical gardens, baseball game, and mini golf with the family once I get some more energy back! Here’s to making more memories! 



Comments

Popular Posts