When One Door Closes...

...another one opens. That's how the saying goes. I'd like to believe it, but sometimes doors just close. That's just what they do. And there are no guarantees that another one will open for us, or that a window will be cracked open or something. It sounds unfair, but this isn't about fairness. My mom and I have been talking lately about the "why" question, and I just refuse to ask it. Why is this happening to me? I don't know, but trying to answer the question is not productive or helpful in any way. What if it has nothing to do with me? What if this is about the people around me? I don't know. I only know that my goal is to live each day the best that I can, to manage my health and these circumstances, and give all my love to my family and friends and the people I come in contact with, not to ask why.

So while some doors have been closed for me right now, I need to rejoice in the things I can do - like finally get a new door for my house!

And finally be able to take the girl to her class, by myself!


And continue to make delicious meals like this mushroom, onion, and spinach omelet, to nourish myself!

And maybe, just maybe I will pray for an open door, and the faith needed to walk through it, whatever circumstances come my way. 


Comments

Popular Posts