Spring Break

The kids have been on spring break, so I’ve had some extra company around the house these days. They’re quiet and busy on their computers of course, but there are the added breakfasts, lunches, and dishes to occupy my time. Also taking the girl for a haircut today got me out of the house and got me a fresh looking almost-teenager.

I spent the morning cooking some yummy food, another delicious pot of chicken noodle soup and I took another stab at the bacalao salad, this time with ñame and yautia along with the tomatoes, avocados, olives, capers, and onions. 


Thankfully now that I’ve been tapering down the prednisone, my appetite is not as voracious as it was last week, which puts me a little bit more at ease. I felt like a bottomless pit and that was disheartening. I have enough to be disheartened about these days…didn’t need one more thing. My vision is still the same and my skin has been on fire for a week (shrugging shoulders emoji) I’m just doing what I can with what I’ve been given right now. 

Comments

Popular Posts