The Long Haul

Today was a long haul in more than one way. I had to take a trip back to Philly for my appointment with the neuro-ophthalmologist. The drive is an hour, so there’s that. Then the appointment took 3 1/2 hours! Most of that was waiting!! Then the drive home, another hour. That was the first long haul. 

The second long haul is my vision restoration. The “good” news (with a little g) is that he does see some improvement in my eye mobility, which means the prednisone is working. Maybe not as fast as it could be, but hopeful nonetheless. So he wants me to continue on the prednisone at this dose (40 mg) for a little while longer, while he consults with the other neurologist I saw about starting me on a new, stronger medication. No promises made on when I’ll be able to see again. The second long haul. 

At least I got to enjoy a lunch with my hot driver. 



Comments

Popular Posts