The Waiting Game

I think if they made a game show called “The Waiting Game” and offered people a pot of gold, there would be a line around the city for people to sign up, only for everyone to just fall away when they see how much patience is needed to wait for something, even if it’s something you really want, like money, or a life partner, or a job. Or the ever elusive solution to your health problems. To wait for those answers is a trial of faith and hope that is like pressing sand into a pearl or coal into a diamond. 

“Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27‬:‭14‬ 

Yes. Wait. It takes courage to wait. We don’t think of courage and waiting as going hand in hand. But it’s not for the faint of heart. 

So tonight I go to bed early because I’m tired of feeling this ache in my body, the burning sensation on my skin. It’s exhausting. And I’m getting tired of waiting. Waiting for my vision to return, waiting for answers. 


But I also go to bed with a prayer on my lips for my dad and my cousin, who are both in the hospital this evening, and I am home in my bed. What a cruel world sometimes; the waiting for answers continues. Tomorrow I see the Neuro-ophthalmologist again at Penn, hoping for more hope to keep up my courage. 

Comments

Popular Posts