Reflections

I waited the long 13 weeks to finally get my hair cut. It felt so good to refresh my hair and get started on the growing out process. Thankfully it’s grown in thick and healthy. Now I wait for this lovely lady to cut it again in 13 weeks! 


Then I got to celebrate a dear friend’s milestone 70th birthday. As I see the people I love and know around me growing older, I can’t help but reflect on my own aging and growing process. I see how life has changed for them, the aches and pains associated with aging, the memory loss or general forgetfulness, their outlooks on life shifting. I’ve been wracked with my own aches and pains, for sure, and I was struck by the chemo brain fog last year, albeit temporarily. However, I just can’t help but wish for these days long in the future, when I can reach these big milestones and be thankful to God that I made it that far. I have to take medicine for breast cancer for the next 10 years! I want to see those days when I can stop taking those meds. I want to celebrate that birthday by not renewing that prescription! I wish I knew what my MG treatment will look like in the coming months, years, and decades. In the meantime, I’m happy to celebrate others and their big achievements. 





Comments

Popular Posts