Shrugging Shoulders

I haven't seen the breast surgeon since the week and a half after my surgery. It was wonderful to see her again. She sat down and wanted to hear what's been going on and she gave me her honest feedback as a surgeon when it comes to the thymoma issue. She said she would try all the medications first to see if it helps, and if it doesn't, then turn to surgery as a last resort. That was fair, I thought. I just need something to work, I can't be blind like this forever. 

Thankfully my surgery recovery looks great, she was pleased with the outcome. Going forward, I need another mammogram when I finish my cancer treatments in August, and need to get one every six months on the left side and every year on the right. Not complicated. 

So far the cancer treatment has been the easiest part of this whole process... who would have guessed that back in July? (shrugging shoulders emoji)



Comments

Popular Posts