Poco a Poco

Today was my one month follow up appointment post-radiation. It’s incredible considering all I’ve been through so far that radiation turned out to be one of the easiest things I had to do. I’m not saying it was a field trip, but I feel relatively unscathed in comparison to everything else. My skin fared quite well, no burns, just some tanning and thinning of the skin. I religiously applied lotion twice a day (thank you friend for the Cerave) and was very gentle with the area. The doctor said it looked great and the skin may peel a little. I still have some tenderness in my chest wall, like I’ve been punched a lot or did 1000 push-ups. But with continued massage and stretching, I’m praying for good outcomes. 


That’s all I’ve been praying for these days, good outcomes. I have more research and learning to do, so much more to understand about my condition, but as you say Lu - “Poco a poco” little by little, I’ll get there. 


Comments

Popular Posts