Perspective

I had a sweet dose of perspective from the sweetest...thank you my friend for reminding me how my circumstances have improved. It's hard when you're sitting in the middle of the muck to see things clearly, but you're absolutely right, I did walk faster today, I did go further today. That yogurt drink that was once a meal was now a snack. Sure, I only have one eye right now, but I have gained a lot more than just a month ago when I was wiped and couldn't get off the sofa or eat any solid food. I still have a long way to go, but thank you for putting it into perspective for me. I have gained a lot. I love you!


We roasted marshmallows tonight. It's always fun to be outside with family. The last time we sat around the firepit, I was about a week away from finding out I had breast cancer. There is life B.C. (before cancer) and life A.D. (after diagnosis). It's strange sometimes to see my pictures from B.C., when I was completely unaware. It's frightening, but also makes me very conscientious. Living in A.D., I am keenly aware of how precious this life is, how fragile it is and we are, and how much we must cherish in the very moment we are living, not the yesterdays or the tomorrows, but the right now. Cherish this very moment.
 


Comments

Popular Posts