Pirate’s Crew

The sun finally came out after days of rain! My friend and I were able to get in a long walk, and by the end of today I had 14,000 steps! That’s just incredible considering a month ago I was wiped out from radiation and couldn’t leave the sofa! For better or for worse, the prednisone is making me very hungry these days. And getting in the walking and activity is helping me balance out that equation. I’m still taking the stomach motility meds to help process my food, but it’s slowly getting better. I haven’t really tried to eat without them because I’m afraid my food will get stuck in my stomach again. Speaking of getting stuck, I’ve had some trouble swallowing dry foods like bread, but drinking liquids helps to get it down. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about and it’s probably just dry mouth, but with myasthenia, I run the risk of weakened swallowing muscles and that makes me afraid I could choke. 

But I know this pirate’s crew would be the first to rescue me! I love this crew, they’re the best! 



 

Comments

Popular Posts