The Days of Yore

Today marks three weeks before I found out about my breast cancer.  Three weeks ago I was blissfully unaware of what was happening inside of me. Three weeks ago I was making summer plans (for the summer of Laurie) and thinking about all of the amazing things I would do in my classroom next year.  Three weeks ago I was having breakfast with my best friend and food shopping for the week ahead.  I had no idea what was headed my way, and I can't help but think about people who lose someone suddenly in an accident.  Suddenly their lives are completely altered for the worst with no way to change it. Three weeks ago, I had no idea how my life would be completely changed. But I press on, not thinking about the future and every potential thing that could happen. I want to be blissfully unaware again, and enjoy each moment, be happy (or sad) in each moment... and enjoying having breakfast without knowing what will happen tomorrow. 



Comments

Popular Posts