Post-infusion #1

Today was post-infusion day and there is always a lot of concern after chemotherapy treatments. How would I feel today? Would I be sick? Tired? Well, it was actually a really lovely day and a blessing to my soul to experience it in such a positive way. 

I woke up with the sun, which I was not excited about because I did not get to bed early last night. But I was able to take a walk with these two awesome people to the local coffee shop and have breakfast together. My parents have been by my side throughout this whole experience, with tears, hand-holding, and a gentle compassion. They have helped me with the children, cooked me meals, chauffeured me around town to my appointments, and cleaned my house. Often people don't see the invisible caregivers behind the scenes, so here they are front and center for your admiration and praise, taking such good care of me day in and day out.  They deserve an award, but for now, I can only give them my genuine love and unending gratitude.   


The short walk to the coffee shop was a shift for me...that heart rate thing I experienced the night before lingered. I found my heart rate down low to 60 when I was sitting still and shooting up to 130 at a decent-paced walk. I found myself exhausted after expending just a little bit of energy, so I listened to my body and spent most of the day here, cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket and bear. I took the hardest nap I have had since probably my teenage years, it was amazing! The only other symptom I experienced was a little bit of dry mouth this morning, but no other symptoms I am happy to report, and my heart (despite its fickle behavior) is full of peace and joy! Your prayers and mine have been answered!


I nurtured and nourished my body with good food, homemade soups and smoothies and lots and lots and lots of water!  I left the house again for my shot of Neulasta, a bone marrow stimulant to boost white blood counts to prevent infection, and in my final efforts to care for myself for the day, I hopped over to Urgent Care to get my finger wound cleaned and rewrapped.  I could not have asked for a more peaceful and productive day.  Thank you as always, for listening, for checking in on me, and for your prayers. I am overwhelmed. 



Comments

Popular Posts