Portable

I survived another super tough day. I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 for all of the preparation, checking vitals, etc. I hemmed and hawed for almost two hours about whether or not to accept the sedative. Never having drank alcohol, all of their comparisons fell short (you’ll feel like you drank two beers or a glass of wine). I’ve never liked mind/body altering substances so I struggled with taking something or dealing with the fear and anxiety of this unknown procedure. 

Here’s the before - prepped and ready for the surgery. 


I had an excellent care team. They really tried to put me at ease. I was wheeled into the operating room and put on the table. I was delighted when the music I requested was playing in the background (Justin Bieber!). I thought I could do it on my own, but they helped me out. Because I’m considered “naive” and haven’t ever taken opioids, they gave me baby doses to take the edge off. After the lidocaine came the cuts, the stuffing, and the stitching. My heart rate definitely shot up a couple of times, but I made it through with some jokes and laughs. 




Now I am portable and recovering at home. No heavy lifting, gentle movements and lots of rest. 

Thank you for your prayers, for helping me get through this super tough day!  It was a hard step for me but something I had to go through. I’m so glad it’s over. 


Comments

Popular Posts