Changes

I was a vegan for over twenty years before Dean was born. Then I began adding meat and dairy to my diet, not because I loved it, but just because. Sometimes it made meal planning easier, or eating out easier. But last summer I decided to change back and cut out the meat. So I’ve been vegetarian for about a year now with no regrets. 

Except for today. 

I’ve been dealing with a burned out throat from the indigestion and reflux and nothing quite tastes right. 

I craved something different. Something salty. 


So I made a turkey BLT. Unfortunately it hit the spot. But I can’t get mad at these changes. I can only do my best to nourish myself and manage these post-chemo vibes. 

Like the post-chemo acne. Bummer. 


Every day is a new surprise, but I’m glad to be alive to experience it. That’s the best part. 

Comments

Popular Posts