Thank you for being a friend

If you read the blog title and heard the theme song from the Golden Girls in your head, then I've done my job.  That's what these girls are to me - golden. We've been friends for so long (30 years and 26 years)! We would drive to the ends of the earth to be there for each other and help each other, and that's what they've done for me.  

Lisa See writes in The Island of Sea Women, "No one picks a friend for us; we come together by choice...we tie ourselves together through moments. The spark when we first meet. Laughter and tears shared. Secrets packed away to be treasured, hoarded, and protected. The wonder that someone can be so different from you and yet still understand your heart in a way no one else ever will."

Thank you for the group chat, for listening, for coming to see me and taking care of me, thank you for the love, the laughs, the encouragement... for being a true friend.  I don't have the words to tell you how much you mean to me. I can only say, I love you girls! 





Comments

Popular Posts