Second Opinions

Ever since I was diagnosed, many people told me I needed to get a second opinion.  They said, "go to Memorial Sloan Kettering, they're the best in the world." Well, I tried.  For weeks.  I won't get into too much detail, but let's just say I left a scathing review on their survey.  They may have great doctors, but if you cannot get a hold of them, and the communication is so poor, what's the point?  I digress.  I finally spoke with a doctor today (over an hour after the scheduled appointment time), and it only confirmed for me that I'm on the right track and that my care team is AMAZING!  I'm so grateful for how the oncologist, breast surgeon, and thoracic surgeon have all teamed up with the radiologists, nurses and pre-cert departments to create a wonderfully smooth experience for me in the midst of such a terrible diagnosis.  I wish this level of care and treatment for everyone, truly.  

Here I am, prepping for my PET scan.



Comments

Popular Posts