A slice of life

Sometimes you worry so much about stuff and it takes a while to snap out of it. Today I had to take a steroid to prepare me for the chemo tomorrow. It didn’t make me feel like Hulk Hogan. Instead I was queasy and tired, but I still took the time to cook, bake, clean, and pack my bags for the weirdest trip ever. 

Then as I was preparing more apple slices for dehydrating tonight, I sliced a piece of my pinky clean off! What?! Like a small slice of prosciutto! Talk about kick me when I’m down! I couldn’t believe it, it was so surreal! I spent more than 15 mins holding that blood back but I was cool as a (sliced up) cucumber! 

As if I needed one more thing to happen…at least it took my mind off tomorrow, it gave me a ridiculous story to tell, and it gave Matt a mini-heart attack! All in a day’s work! 



Comments

Popular Posts