On the mend

This is what it looks like to be on the mend. I haven’t been able to sleep my best in a seated position but I’m managing well enough between my bed and the sofa. (My bottom hurts from sitting so long)!

Today I didn’t need to take any pain medicine, just ice, which is a great improvement in my mind. 

The hardest part is adjusting. Adjusting physically and mentally to the tighter, bruised skin, two stitched wounds, implant under my skin and catheter in my vein. 

I just want to go back to normal. I want to be able to lift my arm and not feel this thing in my chest. I want to be able to sleep at night and not feel the lump in my left breast and the tug of the implant on my right side. I miss normal but I have to just accept that this is my new normal for now. Makes me sad sometimes. But I’m on the mend. 






Comments

Popular Posts